Better understanding our product can help you to protect yours
Learn More About Manufacturing Corrugated Boxes
If corrugated packaging was invented today, it would no doubt be hailed as a miracle product.
Corrugated packaging offers an unrivalled combination of simplicity, flexibility and fitness for purpose.
The recycling performance of the UK corrugated industry speaks for itself:
- corrugated cardboard has a recycling rate of 84% in the UK. This is the highest recycling rate of any type of packaging in the UK;
- as a direct result, every four months an area the size of Greater London is saved from landfill;
- on average, corrugated boxes manufactured in the UK are made from 76% recycled fibre.;
- the recycling of paper is not a new concept and industry is proud of its recycling heritage that started over 100 years ago;
- the recycling loop is so efficient that an old box can be recycled, remade and reused in just two weeks;
- corrugated boxes are biodegradable and in some cases this will be the preferred disposal method. Consumers can take this opportunity where recycling facilities are not yet available.
For more facts about corrugated board simply click here