IT system gives us full control of manufacturing, from order input to delivery
Bespoke IT System
At Nuttall Packaging we use a bespoke computer system that covers all aspects of our processes
- Quotations – Customers specifications are input into the system and quotations are generated with competitive prices and then emailed over
- Order Processing – after orders are placed they are processed, our system is connected to board mills to order the corrugated cardboard and an email is sent confirming delivery date.
- Production Scheduling – Jobs are then planned in, each machine is setup on the system with run times and speeds to ensure the delivery dates promised are accurate. It gives our production manager full control over manufacturing.
- Shop Floor Date Capture – Each machine has computer access to enable the machine operators to input data into the system as jobs are run through the plant. Ensuring we have accurate feedback from each job.
- Deliveries – Barcode scanners connected to the system enable us to book out finished goods onto vehicle loads.
The video below shows the system in action